Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quite the View 121511

St. Martin in the Fields




You either love it or you don’t. I’m talking about the window at St. Martin in the Fields. I happen to be in the “LOVE” camp when it comes to this window. Each time I sit in the church it speaks to me in a new and different way. I love the notion that at this particular intersection of the world there is a church that wants to connect and engage the world with Word and Sacrament.

If you’re going to travel, Rick Steves is the guy to follow. A few years ago he was at our church for a lecture. He was and is the same person who you see on tv. In other words, he’s authentic. I encourage you to check out his most recent book,
Travel As A Political Act.



Thank you for checking out the blog, there is much more to come.
Thank you too for your willingness to pray for me, for Sue Ann, for the staff, leadership and members of Bethany while I’m on sabbatical.

Peace,
rtg


No comments:

Post a Comment