Sunday, January 15, 2012

Evensong @ Westminister Abbey

I attended Evensong this afternoon at Westminster Abbey. I arrived early and was invited to sit in the

choir section. The choir consisted of young boys and men. It was lovely.
I've always been very drawn to  Benedict's prayer. I wrote a prayer request for my congregation back in Denver.
3:00 pm Evensong Quire
Introit: Mendelssohn Herr Gott, du bist unsre Zuflucht
Responses: Ayleward
Canticles: Howells in G
Anthem: Dove The Three Kings
The Reverend Dr James Walters
peace,
rtg
Chaplain, London School of Economics




                                                     

2 comments:

  1. As a lover of both history and high liturgy, I am officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don, you should come over and inspect the accor facilities. the service was grand.

    ReplyDelete