Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sabbath 010411

I took this picture on my last sabbatical in the late 1990's. I was doing a 30 day Ignatian Retreat (silent)
@ Sacred Heart Retreat Center here in Colorado. I was using a $3.00 disposable camera. I am mindful of the words of Clement of  Alexandria, "Christ has turned all of our sunsets into dawns."


In an hour I leave for the airport. I'm flying through Detroit and will arrive at Heathrow Thursday morning at about 7:30am. Thank you all for your prayers, kinds wishes and blessings.



The current edition of THE LUTHERAN http://www.thelutheran.org/article/article.cfm?article_id=10424
has an article on sabbatical.

Blessings to you,
rtg

1 comment:

  1. Have a great sabbatical Ron! I have some friends you might look up while you're in the UK - Rev. Ian Mobsby is part of a missional community in London called Moot. Jonny Baker is part of an alt. worship community in London called Grace. Then in Oxford Rev. Matt Rees leads a community called Home. Blessings,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete